Unboxing Surprise Sweets: Halloween | Duchess of Denver: Unboxing Surprise Sweets: Halloween

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Unboxing Surprise Sweets: Halloween

I recently gave in and finally purchased an Amazon Prime Surprise Sweets Dash Button and let me tell you...I'm hooked. This new series will be about what's inside my treat boxes I order, and how delicious each goodie tastes. The boxes are $18 each, but you get a $5 credit off your first box for ordering the Dash button. You get 4-5 treats that are handpicked from artisan shops across the country. To make sure I don't overdue it (which I could easily do), I am only going to order these boxes on special occasions i.e. holidays and my birthday. Stay tuned to see what treats I've unwrapped!

My first box came right before Halloween and to my surprise was Halloween-themed! It was thankfully cold in Colorado so my treats didn't melt, but I'm making a mental note to check the weather when I order my next box. This box came with four treats, not necessarily matching the Halloween theme, but it got pretty close! PS- I know Halloween was a few weeks ago but I've been in a candy coma since then so please forgive me.

Amazon Prime Surprise Sweets Unboxing: Halloween

Mrs. Prindables Triple Covered Chocolate Petite Caramel Apple- I'm a sucker for a caramel apple and at any time am willing to drop $10 at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for one. This apple was pretty good, with a mix of white, milk, and dark chocolate. I especially liked the caramel, very buttery and thick for such a small apple. Despite not having overnight shipping, the apple was crisp and fresh. I definitely liked this one! Retail value: $9.75

Brandini Toffee Chocolate Almond Toffee Popcorn- I'm not a huge popcorn fan, but I can appreciate a quick, crunchy snack you can mindlessly munch on. The one thing I really did not like about this popcorn was the almonds. I'd grab a handful and it was majority almonds, a huge contrast to the sweet popcorn. I want chocolate and toffee, not salty nuts! This was probably my least favorite snack in the box. Retail value: $6.99

Megpies Cinnamon Brown Sugar Tart- I. Love. PopTarts. This was the BEST poptart I've ever had in my life. The crust was so buttery and delicious, and the filling was the perfect amount of sweet. I will probably buy a box of these on their own -- that's how good they are. If you are looking for a nice pastry to pair with your coffee, I'd go with these. Worth every calorie! Retail value: $3.25

CB Stuffer Cookie Monstah Peanut Butter Cup- This peanut butter cup is HUGE! I'm talking four times the size of a Reese's. Now, the peanut butter itself could have used some work, but the fact that there were Oreos and a chocolate chip cookie mixed in made it AMAZING. The chocolate used for the shell was milky and smooth, a perfect compliment to the rich filling. I probably should have shared this with my brother...oh well, maybe next time!  Retail value: $5.95

TOTAL VALUE OF BOX: $26







Do you subscribe to the Surprise Sweets box? What's the best item you've received? Let me know in the comments below!









No comments:

Post a Comment