October Favorites! | Duchess of Denver: October Favorites!

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

October Favorites!

IT'S FINALLY FALL! Yes, I am that basic bitch who can't wait to wear sweaters and eat/drink everything pumpkin. The weather in Colorado is finally changing (it even snowed...typical) and I'm so happy I get to wear riding boots and bell-sleeved dresses. I can't wait to share some of my monthly favorites with you...spoiler alert there's apple or pumpkin in 75% of them.

October Favorites


Food Favorites

Halloween Oreos- These are the best tasting Oreos in existence. Period. I don't know why, and I don't know how, but Halloween Oreos are the greatest thing to come out of Nabisco. They are SO good, in fact, that in Paris they cost 10 Euros. The French just GET IT.

Trader Joe's Apple Cider Jam- New discovery, but I can already tell it will be a fall staple for me. I love love love anything with apple and cinnamon, and this jam is just everything I love in one. It tastes like apple pie filling and goes great on brioche, waffles, and with brie on baguette. Omg I'm so hungry.

Prosecco- I just finished reading French Women Don't Get Fat, and one of the main tips I gained from it was that champagne should not just be drank as a cause for celebration. Being a girl on a budget, and not being able to find Pommery champagne anywhere in Denver, I have settled on Prosecco to cure my bubbly needs. Perfect before dinner snack? Prosecco and Ritz. Trust me.

Shopping Favorites

TJ Maxx- With my new job, I had to vamp up my wardrobe to something more professional. TJ Maxx is the perfect place for me to get key items for my closet -- from dresses to blouses to jackets. You get designer clothes for a great discount AND they are still in season! I highly recommend getting a TJX Rewards Credit Card, too, since you get points for every purchase and can earn rewards certificates for TJ Maxx and Homegoods!

iPhone 8 Plus- I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH A NEW CELL PHONE! For those of you who don't know, I had my iPhone 6 for over two years and it was literally falling apart. The screen was coming off and the speaker just stopped working. So one of the greatest things I bought myself was a new phone, and I'm OBSESSED with the iPhone 8 Plus. It's heavy and durable, but also sleek and stylish. Now I get to buy all new cases and I'm so pumped.

LUSH Pumpkin Bath Bomb- You can read all about my LUSH Fall Shopping Haul, but this bath bomb is my favorite out of what I purchased. It smells so good and is so cute and turns your bath water orange. I love it on so many levels. It just screams "October."

Amazon Prime Surprise Sweets Box- OMG!! This box is my new addiction. I ordered the Surprise Sweets Dash button and of course immediately ordered my first box. I got the cutest goodies that were so delicious and I think it's definitely worth the $18 price tag. Expect a separate blog series coming soon!

TV Favorites

The Walking Dead- GUESS WHAT SHOW HAD ITS SEASON 8 PREMIERE THIS MONTH!!! This show is my life blood, honestly. There is nothing I love more than the duo of Rick Grimes and Daryl Dixon. Except, maybe, that gorgeous tiger, Shiba. The first few episodes have been super intense and I just love seeing how each character is developing with the sudden all-out war that is happening. Do yourself a favor and catch up on Netflix. This show is that good.

Other Favorites


Osiris Tutankhamen- I adopted a new kitten! His name is Osiris Tutankhamen (yes, I am super extra FIGHT ME) and we believe he is a Snowshoe because of his adorable little white paws. When we first adopted him, he was very shy and hid behind my toilet for a few days. But, seeing as how he is a kitten and his curiosity got the best of him, he started to branch out and now runs the house! He is such a lover and can purr/cuddle for hours. I love him so much and I can't wait to watch him grow. I'll probably make a separate post about him soon, so stay tuned!








What were your October favorites? HOW CUTE IS MY KITTEN!? Let me know in the comments below!








No comments:

Post a Comment