Cooking with Duchess: Stuffed Salmon | Duchess of Denver: Cooking with Duchess: Stuffed Salmon

Monday, December 28, 2015

Cooking with Duchess: Stuffed Salmon

Welcome to my blog segment: Cooking with Duchess! (I am so full of myself, wow.) If you didn't know this about me, I love to cook and have been for almost my entire life. While I could spend hours browsing Pinterest for new recipes, my favorite thing to do is tweak recipes and make them my own. I don't think I've followed a recipe tit for tat in years! In these posts I will share with you my latest creations so you can try them out for yourself!


Stuffed Salmon


I think salmon is one of the best things you can possibly eat. It has vitamins to make your hair shinier, skin smoother, and smile brighter. What more do you need? 


You can choose to add whatever you want to the stuffing, but be sure to add some sort of leafy veggie. That's part of what makes it good for you! My favorite is spinach but you can add kale if you're one of those people.


Make sure that you cut slits into your salmon so the stuffing mixture can stay in place. If you want you can add a creamy sauce on top before serving. Dill anyone?


I served this with my two favorite things: couscous and sautéed veggies. You could also serve with rice, salad, or potatoes au gratin!

Stuffed Salmon

1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 handfuls spinach leaves
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 salmon fillets
1 Tbsp white truffle oil (optional)
1/2 tbsp dill (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

Set oven to 400 degrees. In a medium pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add mushrooms and onions and cook until onions sweat. Then add spinach and almonds until spinach has wilted slightly. Top with nutmeg, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, mix and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, bread crumbs, and sautéed vegetables. Place salmon in baking dish with slits down the middle of each filet. Spritz with truffle oil and sprinkle on dill. Top with stuffing and bake for 30 minutes.



Until next time my loves x.





No comments:

Post a Comment