July Favorites! | Duchess of Denver: July Favorites!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

July Favorites!

July was hot and sticky and reminded me of that time I saw One Direction in Denver two years ago and now I want to cry. I've been working my booty off looking for a second job and working for my other one, but I've still found the time to shop (duh). I can't believe summer is almost over...but that means I am one month closer to Paris!

July Favorites

Beauty Favorites

tarte The Sculptor in Park Avenue Princess ($24) -- I'm a huge contour fan, and this stick makes it so much easier. The creme base goes on smoothly and blends much better than most powdered bronzers. If you're a contour beginner then I strongly suggest trying this product...hell even if you're a pro you should use this! I'm basically here to help, so be smart and buy it here.

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation ($39) -- This new foundation by Too Faced instantly became a classic for me. My color, Vanilla (yes I am pale as a ghost 365), matches my skin so perfectly that I have a nice, natural finish. I also like that it's not too dewy or matte -- it looks just as the name suggests, like you were born with it! Buy your own here.

Bed Head Oh Bee Hive Dry Shampoo ($20) -- I have been on search for a good dry shampoo for I can't even tell you how long. Each drugstore brand I'd try would just turn out to be shitty, and the smell was always too much. This stuff, on the other hand, smells like honey and for once makes me head feel clean. It also gives great volume on those days when my hair is flat with no personality. Pick up a bottle here, I think they're having a sale!

Music Favorites

She's Kinda Hot by 5 Seconds of Summer -- I like boybands, we know this, and that's all the justification I need. This song is catchy and cute and have I ever mentioned Luke Hemmings is adorable? Take a listen.

Fight Song by Rachel Platten -- This is my ANTHEM! I listen to this when I'm feeling like the whole world is against me and it helps me realize that I should never stop fighting for what I want. Every recent college grad should add this to her playlist. Listen for yourself.

TV Favorites

Astronaut Wives (ABC) -- All I want in life now is to marry an astronaut...and live in 1961. My mother and I have always been fascinated with this time period (can you say JFK?!) and now we have another reason to. Who knew about all the drama and heartache that went on during the US' first explorations of space? I am hooked and I just found out which astronaut of the original Mercury 7 died and I may have shed 1000 tears.

Food Favorites

Greek Meatballs -- Have you seen my recipe? I am obsessed with these puppies and have been craving them nonstop. I'm thinking of just making 12 dozen and eating them for the rest of my life...go team.

Raspberry Caramel Macchiato -- Not only does this drink look pretty, but it's sooooo good! Make sure that when you order it at Starbucks you get a regular Caramel Macchiato and just add a few pumps of raspberry to it, otherwise it would be way too much. There's nothing I love more than pink drinks!




What were your July favorites? Do you like Luke Hemmings? WELL TOO BAD HE'S MINE!



Until next time my loves x.



No comments:

Post a Comment