Cooking with Duchess: Greek Meatballs | Duchess of Denver: Cooking with Duchess: Greek Meatballs

Friday, July 17, 2015

Cooking with Duchess: Greek Meatballs

Welcome to my new blog segment: Cooking with Duchess! (I am so full of myself, wow.) If you didn't know this about me, I love to cook and have been for almost my entire life. While I could spend hours browsing Pinterest for new recipes, my favorite thing to do is tweak recipes and make them my own. I don't think I've followed a recipe tit for tat in years! In these posts I will share with you my latest creations so you can try them out for yourself!

Greek Meatballs


We know I'm a sucker for Greek food (gyros and hummus are my LIFE), so when my mom asked me to make something with the ground lamb she accidentally bought (she wasn't wearing her reading glasses) I knew I could come up with something yummy!



Meatballs are great because you can eat them on their own or with something else. I paired these puppies with couscous, tzatziki sauce, and hummus! They were so good my family couldn't stop eating them!



These were so easy to make and would be great leftovers (just a guess since there were none left when I made them!). They are low carb and would be great over sauteed veggies. Switch it up and let me know what you ate them with!


Greek Meatballs Recipe

1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
1 egg
1 16-oz package ground lamb
1 tsp dill
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp plain breadcumbs
1 tbsp red onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped

Set oven to 375 degrees. Mix together all ingredients with a spoon (or by hand if you're a true Italian comme moi) until meat and ingredients are well blended. Form meatballs sized slightly bigger than a golf ball and place an inch apart on a baking pan lined with foil. Cook for 35 minutes or until edges of meatballs are crisp. Makes 12 meatballs.


Until next time my loves x.


2 comments:

  1. As always U are too much!! Not fair to have so many talents and I will try these😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always U are too much! Not fair to have so many talents and I will try this

    ReplyDelete