Cocktail of the Week! | Duchess of Denver: Cocktail of the Week!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cocktail of the Week!

I'm posting this on Thursday for a sort of "Throwback Thursday" Cocktail of the Week. This September, I traveled 10 hours with my mom to El Paso, Texas to see One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer in concert.  Yes, 21 year old me drove cross country to see a boyband with my mother.  Are you jealous? You should be...my mom is just that cool. Anyway, we stayed the weekend and had a wonderful time not only singing along to "Best Song Ever," but also trying a bunch of local restaurants.  The first place we tried was just minutes form our hotel which was perfect because we were STARVING after driving all day. And I have to say...Geo Geske is now my favorite restaurant and I wish they had one where I live. Not only was the food out of this world (Seafood Enchiladas...need I say more?!) but the drinks were AMAZING! My mom and I each ordered one of their signature martinis and fell in love.  Ah, the memories of flavors are just rushing back to me now! I am very happy to announce that my cocktail of the week is...

A Blue Lemon Drop Martini!



Doesn't it look scrumptious?! To make this cocktail at home, you will need blueberry vodka, lemon vodka (they used Absolut Citron), blue curacao, and sweet & sour, then fill with frozen blueberries in a sugar-rimmed glass! It's more sweet than tart and tastes exactly like a blueberry lemonade. I wanted to drink 5 but I felt like that might be slightly too many. Seriously though, check out Geo Geske and if you are ever in the area try it out. You will not be disappointed, I promise you!

I am honestly considering driving 10 hours just to get another one of these martinis. So worth it! What's your cocktail of the week? Any new favorite restaurants? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time my loves x.

No comments:

Post a Comment