Cocktail of the Week! | Duchess of Denver: Cocktail of the Week!

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Cocktail of the Week!

With the holidays quickly disappearing, I decided I needed to make a cocktail that screamed "Jingle Bells" to keep the spirit alive. I created this concoction a while back, and forgot how good it was! I'm a sucker for anything with St. Germain (must be the Parisian in me) and white cranberry juice, so this cocktail is just the best way to ring in the holidays. Drink this while you toast in the New Year, relax by a fire, or before you stuff your face with leftovers. I present to you my Partridge in a Pear Tree Martini!

Partridge in a Pear Tree Martini



Like I said, any excuse I have to use St. Germain I will. This elderflower liquor is the perfect compliment to anything fruity, especially winter fruits like cranberry or pear! If you want to add a sparkling element to this cocktail, add a splash of prosecco for that extra zing. Honestly, you could just drink St. Germain and prosecco and it'd be the best mimosa EVER!


I sugared the rim with chunky gold sprinkles to keep with the holiday theme, but if decorating drinks isn't your fancy (I'm really not that good at it, actually) then you can skip that part! The drink is sweet enough without it, but I like the festive touch.



Recipe

1 oz Pear Vodka
1 oz St. Germain
2 oz White Cranberry Juice
1/2 oz lemon juice
Gold sprinkles for rim (optional)

Cut lemon in half. If desired rub lemon on edge of martini glass and roll glass rim in dish of gold sprinkles. Set aside. In a shaker, combine vodka, St. Germain, white cranberry juice, and the juice of the other lemon half. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into glass. Top with frozen cranberries for even more of a festive touch!








Let me know if you try this cocktail and like it! I feel like I was a bartender in a past life...or maybe just an alcoholic. Hope you all had a happy holiday!








No comments:

Post a Comment