Cocktail of the Week! | Duchess of Denver: Cocktail of the Week!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cocktail of the Week!

The holidays are over and both my stomach and wallet are unhappy. I wish I could live in December forever with Christmas music, the smell of pine and gingerbread, and of course all the amazing comfort food my mother cooks for me. That being said, January is full of new beginnings and dreaded New Year's diets. Cheers to keeping your resolutions (I already broke mine)!

Since I still want it to be the holidays, my cocktail of the week is sticking with that theme. As I've said before, my friends and I love trying new places. Right before we all went our separate ways for Winter Break, two of my gal pals and I tried a new bar downtown called the V Bar (still don't know what the V stands for). The bar was a martini bar, so needless to say I was in heaven.  Being a lover of signature drinks, I decided to try one of their holiday specials. The drink was more of a dessert than a cocktail in my opinion (in the best way possible) and with that I am super excited to announce my cocktail of the week is the...

Santa's Magic Martini


Okay I am not kidding when I say this drink tastes like milk and cookies. The red and green sprinkles add the perfect touch of the holiday spirit. To make this yummy cocktail at home you'll need vanilla vodka, creme de cocoa, and a touch of heavy cream. Want it to be even more magical? Do as the V Bar and before mixing the cocktail dip the glass in a sugar cookie rim. Every sip will be Christmas heaven!

What's your cocktail of the week? Any exciting foods or drinks you tried over the holidays? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time my loves x.

No comments:

Post a Comment