September Favorites | Duchess of Denver: September Favorites

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Favorites

I cannot believe September is already over! My final Fall semester of college is flying by and it's thrilling yet terrifying. Next thing you know I'll be graduating! But with the end of the month comes my monthly favorites! I love September because Fall is in the air and everything I love starts coming back to the stores (pumpkin, and I mean pumpkin). I'm sad this month has ended, but I am so excited because October is my favorite month of the year!



Beauty Favorites

Palladio Brow Pencil ($6) -- This is my new favorite brow pencil. Like I am literally in love. I was using Revlon for a while, and discovered this one helping my best friend find a new brow pencil. It reminds me a lot of the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil ($21) but at a third of the price. It goes on so smooth and lasts me all day! This just makes me so happy because I feel like bold, beautiful brows put every look together, and this pencil makes my brows fabulous! You can find it at your nearest Ulta or online here.

Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette ($38) -- To say I'm obsessed with this palette is an understatement.  Not only does it have Tarte's amazing clay eye shadows, but it also includes a blush, bronzer, and highlight! The colors are perfect for a natural look, but also allow you to play with them to get the ideal "Girl's Night Out" smokey eye. And the packaging is just gorgeous. I mean a gold snake? LOVE it! I consistently use this and my Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette ($49) on my eyes because why should I use anything else? You can find it at your nearest Sephora or online here.


Fashion Favorites

Charming Charlie Shapely Cluster Earrings ($10) -- These earrings are gorgeous.  I'm such a fan of huge statement earrings, and the purple, blue, and white in these earrings scream Fall to me.  They go with pretty much anything, especially a LBD for a night out.  I love Charming Charlie because their jewelry is so cute but not expensive! Buy your own pair here.

Pink & Pepper Rapper Riding Boot ($70) -- Does anything scream Fall is coming more than riding boots?! I love wearing boots because they look fabulous with leggings and a sweater, skinny jeans and a sweater, or tights and a dress! I found these beauties at DSW and was so excited because I have been wanting a pair of riding boots for so long.  I got the Brown/Chocolate color and they are so comfy and cute that I can wear them all day in class or walking through vineyards (did that this past weekend in Palisade...amazing)! Find your own pair at your local DSW or online here.

Music Favorites

Steal My Girl by One Direction -- Yes, I am that girl. 21 years old and I am still obsessed with a boyband. But you know what? I don't care. Those boys are damn sexy and they're harmonies make my heart melt.  I actually just got back from seeing their Where We Are Tour in El Paso, Texas (9 hour drive from Colorado...why) and I don't regret it one bit. Harry Styles even pointed at me in the crowd so...haters gonna hate. Now this single was just released on Monday, and it's off their upcoming album Four. Their first single off the album, Fireproof, I actually don't care for and was weary as to what to expect next. Thankfully, I was not disappointed. Now, this song does start off very different from their past hits, but the chorus is so catchy I dare you not to sing along! Listen now here.

Ugly Heart by G.R.L. -- Another obsession of mine is girlbands (hello, the Spice Girls were LIFE!).  My friend Nicole showed me this song and we probably played it on repeat 20 times.  There is a sick ukulele in the background and it's so upbeat and happy! This is the perfect song for girls like me who have fallen for the hot guys who turn out to be real assholes in the end. There are some amazing high notes and even though I'm not the best singer, I still try to match all of them! Take a listen and watch the fun video here.

18 by 5 Seconds of Summer -- Again, I'm that girl.  But to be fair, they aren't just the opening act for One Direction ( and their replacement). These four Australian cuties write all of their own songs and even play the instruments to back it up! This song, 18, is my jam even though I'm no longer 18. It's funny and super catchy and the perfect song to dance around in your underwear to (not that I've done that what)! If you don't think the line "she's got a naughty tattoo in a place that I want to get to // but my mom still drives me to school" is the funniest and cutest thing ever you can leave. Listen now and fall in love here.

TV Favorites

How to Get Away with Murder -- OKAY BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SHOW?! I know only the pilot has aired so far, but I am freaking hooked on this show. There is nothing I love more than shows that make you think (LOST fanatic over here) and I love how much drama was thrown into just one show! It has some of my favorite people including Viola Davis (you know her as Aibileen Clark in The Help), Alfred Enoch (Dean Thomas in Harry Potter), and Matt McGorry (hot guard Jon Bennett in Orange is the New Black). I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen it, but so much crap went down that I was on the edge of my seat by minute two! I can already tell this will be my new Fall drama, but I am looking forward to seeing what Gotham has to offer.

Selfie-- I was able to see the first episode of this on Hulu and I fell in love.  The main character reminded me of myself, sans the selfishness and lack of empathy. I was laughing out loud from the very beginning, and I already want the two main characters (Karen Gillan and John Cho) to hookup because they are precious.

Food/Drink Favorites

Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha -- It's back. And I'm in love. While I do enjoy a nice Pumpkin Spice latte every Fall, the Salted Caramel Mocha has been gaining my interest lately.  I think it's the combo of salty and sweet that drives me wild. I order mine non-fat with lite whip, but girl Summer is over and Winter is nearing, enjoy that full fat if you want!

Brie Cheese -- Here's something you didn't know about me -- I hate cheese.  Now, melted, ooey-gooey cheese on pizza or quesadillas is good, but cold cheese makes me want to vomit.  I don't know what it is, I just can't stand it.  Maybe it's the smell? It doesn't matter, I hate cold cheese.  But, I've recently discovered the wonder that is brie.  Maybe it's because I'm preparing for my graduation present trip to Paris, but I decided to be bold at CostCo a couple weeks ago and buy a wheel of brie.  I let it sit out on the counter to get soft, and then spread it on a baguette and oh my God...IT'S SO GOOD! Plus I'm in a wine class for school, and brie with wine just goes amazing together so that has been my treat for when I need to relax; brie, baguette, and Chardonnay!


What are your September favorites? Anything you're dying to try or can't wait for? Let me know in the comments below!


Until next time my loves x.


No comments:

Post a Comment