Cocktail of the Week! | Duchess of Denver: Cocktail of the Week!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cocktail of the Week!

I'm so happy it's summer! There is nothing I love more than tanning, swimming, concerts, and all the other wonderful things that come with this beautiful weather. And while I'm out enjoying myself, there is nothing better than a nice cocktail to tie everything together!

I've recently been in a Mexican kick, which means I've been divulging myself in guacamole, tacos, and every recipe in-between. One of my favorite Mexican restaurants is On The Border. They have these brisket tacos that are literally heaven on Earth (go and get them no joke), however because it is now summer, they have a whole new seasonal menu.  This includes new salads, entrees, and, my favorite, drinks.  As soon as I saw this drink I knew I needed to try it, and right away I was in pure bliss! It is sweet and tart and literally the definition of summer in my opinion. And so, my cocktail of the week is...

A Watermelon Margarita! 

What says summer more than watermelon? I'm personally not that big of a fan of the fruit itself (one slice and I'm good for the entire summer), but, for whatever reason, watermelon flavored things are one of my favorites! This drink pairs perfectly with Mexican cuisine and is so refreshing. All you need to make this cocktail is watermelon puree, your favorite tequila, orange liquor, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice! And instead of lining the rim of the glass with salt, use sugar! Then top with a slice of watermelon and voila, you have the perfect cocktail for the start of the summer!

Mmm, all this talk about margaritas makes me want to grab one and lay out to tan.  What are your favorite summer cocktails? Have you tried this creation from On the Border? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time my loves x.



No comments:

Post a Comment