August Favorites! | Duchess of Denver: August Favorites!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

August Favorites!

Summer is officially over! It's bizarre that for the first time in my life, I don't have to go back to school (I'll work on that MBA after a nice break). Class-free aside, there is still a TON I have to do this Fall! Moving, working...and oh yeah PARIS. That being said, August was one of the best months I had in a long time (love you forever, Norman) and I'm excited to share my favorites with you!

August Favorites


Music Favorites

Downtown by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Eric Nally -- It's safe to say I've watched this music video 400 times. Macklemore never ceases to be absolutely hilarious, and Eric Nally reminds me of what I imagine Harry Styles to be in 10 years (love you, boo). The chorus is catchy as Hell and trust me, you'll be singing it to yourself without even realizing it. Watch the amazing video here.

Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd -- Every time this song comes on the radio I start jamming. He sounds like Michael Jackson via Dirty Diana and it makes my heart happy. I don't understand how someone could hear this song and not want to immediately buy it on iTunes. Take a listen here.

Shopping Favorites

Macbook Pro -- I am officially a Macontish babe! My lovely PC bit the dust this month, but that is fine with me because I finally got the laptop of my dreams! Never has it been so much easier for me to do things, and look pretty damn cool while I do it. I can't believe how light this computer is and it's not even an Air. The smaller screen and different operating system took some getting used to but I guarantee I will never go back to PC again. Plus can you say accessory shopping?!

Book Favorites

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll -- Holy SHIT (pardon mon français) this book was intense! I was hooked from the minute I started it and finished it in 3 days. The story is about Ani FaNelli and the point of view changes from 28 year-old her and 14 year-old her. There is all this talk about a big "event" that happened in her past but you never suspect what actually happens and it's SO FREAKING GOOD! I recommend this to everyone I know and would suggest you download this to your Nook or Kindle ASAP.

Food Favorites

Truffle Oil -- If I'm at a restaurant and something has truffle oil there's a 90% chance I will order that item because I'm addicted. Truffle fries, truffle pizza, truffle grilled cheese...literally you can put truffles on anything and I will devour it in minutes. Now I want truffle fries and margaritas...

Alouete Cheese Spread -- I'm not the biggest fan of cheese (unless it is melty and gooey then gimme) but I picked this up at the store the other day and let me tell you, put this on a baguette and you are set for life. It's like if cream cheese and Babybel had a child and it's so yummy. I bought the Everything Bagel one and may have eaten the whole thing in one sitting (oops)?





What were your August favorites? Any beauty recommendations since for the first time ever I had none? Let me know in the comments below!




Until next time my loves x.

No comments:

Post a Comment