Summer 2015 Essentials | Duchess of Denver: Summer 2015 Essentials

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer 2015 Essentials


Can you believe summer is just around the corner?! I am so pumped! While most of my summer will be spent working, that doesn't mean I can't relax and have fun on the weekends! There is nothing better than sitting poolside while reading through the latest Cosmopolitan. Oh and before I forget, please be sure to wear sunscreen this summer! As much fun as it is to have a tan, try and get one while still wearing SPF. Skin cancer is a serious matter and I want you to be happy and healthy!

Summer 2015 Essentials


1. Kate Spade Flamingo Bikini ($94) -- Flamingos and pineapples are EVERYWHERE this season. But come on, how cute is this bikini?! The cut and style are very Tay Swift-esque which means you will look cute and classy! Kate Spade is really going crazy with the pink birds so be sure to look at her other stuff if you want to accessorize. Pink flamingo is the new black.

2. Wildfox Malibu Sunglasses ($189) -- I feel like I need these sunglasses in my life. They are classic and retro while still very modern. The pink-tinted shades are super in for summer and they go so well with the gold tortoise frames! They're the perfect sunglasses for the beach, shopping, or traveling! No matter where you are you will look chic.

3. Black Floppy Hat ($15) -- I bought this hat before going to Napa and it was the perfect accessory to hide my face from the sun. A floppy hat will keep you cool and cute while you lay by the pool. I think black goes with everything, but a nice straw hat would do the trick as well! Whenever I think of hats like this I am reminded of Samantha in the Sex and the City movie eating guacamole with the world's largest floppy hat on her head. Come on, everyone has a little Samantha in her!

4. Juicy Couture Metallic Baseball Cap ($48) -- A baseball cap will not only give you cool points with the guys (like we care), but it's a must when your hair is not cooperating. I stumbled across this Juicy one and fell in love. The metallic is gorgeous and it's so much better than my plain ol' Phillies cap (watch your tongue). Finally a hat that is functional and cute!

5. H&M Twill Skirt ($13) -- The hot  weather means showing off those newly tanned legs, and what better option that a mini skirt? This cute pattern matches the season and can be worn with any basic colored top.  Imagine this with a white cami and hot pink sandals...adorable! Plus you can't beat those H&M prices!

6. tarte Tarteguard Suncreen Lotion ($32) -- This new tarte product is a must to keep your skin safe for now and wrinkle-free in the future. I am a huge fan of tarte (I mean, have you tried their eyeshadows!?) and according to Sephora, this is one of the most anticipated products on the market. The brand is a name you can trust and the size is perfect to throw in your bag before the beach!

7. Pineapple Crop Top ($10) -- Besides flamingos, pineapples are the other hot pattern of summer. I love how the pineapples are placed right at your boobs to add a little humor to your wardrobe! You can pair this with high-waisted sailor shorts for a cute, summer-fresh look. Also, it makes me want a pina colada...mmm. ;)


What are your summer essentials? Any must-have products? Let me know in the comments below! Stay safe this summer!


Until next time my loves x.


No comments:

Post a Comment